Careers at KIT-AR
We are a rapidly growing startup whose augmented reality technology enables manufacturing workers to do it their jobs right first time, every time, all the time!
Want to join the team? Check below what opportunities are available.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
We are seeking to hire a Senior Machine Learning Engineer who will help create the next generation of smart, adaptive augmented reality systems which will predict both the state of the worker and the state of assembly from multiple sets of data including head and hand tracking systems, image and video data, manufacturing systems, and ambient sensors. The position will entail working with customers to define machine learning problems, designing and developing solutions to be deployed as products in the KIT-AR platform.
Your main responsibilities:
- Work closely with business stakeholders to critically analyse challenging problems from manufacturing and assembly to identify the role of machine learning (ML) and assessment of feasibility.
- Lead the overall development of the ML products with respect to system infrastructure, architectures, libraries, workflows, and interfaces to the other parts of the platform. This includes:
- Research and investigate suitable ML algorithms and tools to meet challenges.
- Develop machine learning models which are either adapted from off-the-shelf systems, or develop novel architectures.
- Implement suitable training and evaluation procedures, including choice of algorithms and evaluation methods.
- Evaluate the performance of the models, with particular emphasis on identifying the conditions under which they fail.
- Manage the deployment of the chosen models in real-time systems on both cloud-based and edge devices with a focus on model management (versioning, re-training etc.).
- Establish and develop appropriate monitoring infrastructure for models in production.
- Work with business stakeholders to analyze the performance of models when they are used in production environments and find solutions to problems if necessary.
- Communicate with colleagues and stakeholders, who will have a range of experiences in computer science and machine learning, the models developed and their characteristics including limitations.
- MSc / PhD in machine learning or a highly related topic
- 3+ years of industry experience with building machine learning models and systems into production (prior experience in Computer Vision a plus)
- Solid theoretical understanding of machine learning
- Experience with machine learning methods, including semi-supervised and few-shot learning on image and sensor data.
- Solid hands-on software development skills in Python (NumPy, PyTorch, SciPy, scikit-learn, Matplotlib) and familiarity with C++ and Python imaging libraries (Pillow, OpenCV-Python). (additional experience with C# and .NET is a plus)
- Experience with one or more Deep Learning Frameworks (e.g., PyTorch/Tensorflow)
- Experience in developing practical deep learning products including the MLOps aspects (data management, model management, deployment, monitoring)
- Experience with at least one of the major cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS)
- Solid development practices, stable and clean coding, software design patterns, knowledge of CI/CD techniques;
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools (e.g., GIT)
- Goal driven, enthusiastic, creative thinker and problem solver;
- Good communication skills and ability to thrive in diverse remote-first teams;
- A front row seat to a fast-growing start-up with global ambitions and the opportunity to follow the growth of an exciting new technological area – XR
- Permanent contract based in London
- Remote-first work in an international setting with flexible work hours, with office available for the teams when needed
- Substantial ability to define and extend role
- Friendly, collaborative and supporting environment
Send us your open aplication
Not seeing the role you know you can excel at?
If you’re in sync with our mission and vision and think we deserve to meet each other, please send us your thoughts and CV.
We’re always looking for driven individuals, whose talents can push us in the right direction!
Start your augmented reality journey in manufacturing today!